We are going to address the ‘Spectrum email stopped working’ issue. If you are being frustrated with this issue on your email screen, then start reading the content of this post. The solution may vary according to the device.
You need to read every step carefully. These are:
Check network connection:
Before troubleshooting the email, check the internet connectivity on the device you are accessing the Spectrum email from. The device must be connected to Wi-Fi with proper internet speed. If there is a network problem, then call the internet service provider and report the issue. They will resolve the problem from their end.
Sometimes, spectrum email doesn’t work due to firmware version issue. If the email is not updated, then perform an update through the app. If you are using the web version of the email, then directly download the latest version and check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Use a supported browser:
Most of the browsers support Spectrum email. However, exceptional cases always exist. If your browser doesn’t support Spectrum email, then try the same email on alternate browsers like Firefox, Safari, or Google Chrome. If you are already using these browsers, then try Internet Explorer or Edge.
Check for any outage in the Area:
If there is any network outage issue in your area, then you won’t be able to access the email for that time. You can check the status of the outage by visiting the website. In such cases, you can’t do anything than to wait for a while.
Uninstall 3rd party software:
If your computer has any third-party software like a firewall or Anti-virus program, then you should disable it temporarily, as sometimes, these programs prevent emails from opening on the device due to security issues. After disabling these programs, try accessing the email. If you get success, then it means the 3rd party software is the main cause of the problem. Restart your device and try after enabling the software.
Disable Plugins and extensions:
To disable the browser extensions and plugins, follow the below-mentioned steps. The steps for disabling the plugins and extensions vary from browser to browser.
Steps to disable the extensions and plugins are:
- Open Chrome and click on ‘dot icon’ from the top right corner of the screen.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and open the ‘Drop-down’ menu.
- Click on ‘Icon’ given in front of settings.
- Go to ‘Extensions and add-ons’ and disable all the extensions.
- Enter Chrome//plugins in the address bar to disable all plugins from the browser.
- You can also disable the plugins one by one by selecting them manually.
Clear cache and cookies:
Here are the steps to clear cache and cookies from the browser:
- From your computer, open the ‘Chrome’ browser and click on ‘More’ from the right top.
- You will find the ‘Clear browsing data’ option in the ‘More’ menu.
- Select the time range for which you want to delete data. If you want to delete all, click on ‘All time’.
- Click on the checkbox given next to ‘Clear cookies and cache’.
- This will clear all data and cookies.