Thinking of configuring the Roadrunner mail on Windows PC? Well, the steps are quite simple and easy to implement.
Pre-requisites for setup
The windows PC should have a stable internet connection and the outgoing, as well as incoming server settings, should be kept in hand.
- Email address.
- POP3, IMAP, and HTTP account type.
- Valid username and password.
- SMTP server details.
- A POP3 server address and other details.
- Any authentication needed?
- Port number required for incoming as well as outgoing email servers.
- Authentication is required for SMTP or outgoing mail server. Enter the email address and password.
How to Setup RR email on Microsoft office outlook 2010 and 2013?
This is a part of the office suite and you will find the details related to its setup on Microsoft itself. If you have not downloaded Outlook to your PC, then first install this software. This platform is useful for those users who are maintaining more than one email account and want to access simultaneously.
Now, coming to the steps for configuring the RR email on outlook 2010 and 2013.
- Launch Outlook from the computer screen and click on the ‘File’ menu given on the left-hand top.
- Go to ‘Account settings’ and select the ‘Drop-down’ menu.
- Click on ‘Email’ and select ‘New account’ from the list of items.
- Here, you will have to enter the name of the email service provider. If the name of the service provider is not available, then enter it manually and press ‘Next’.
- Open ‘Internet-based E-mail’ followed by ‘Next’.
- From the email account page, go to ‘Microsoft exchange’ and select the ‘IMAP or POP’ option.
- Start the configuration process and you need to select ‘Manual’ or ‘Automatic’ method for configuration.
- Now, in the name field, enter your full name.
- In the email address box, enter the RR email address along with the domain name.
- Enter the password you use to login to the account.
- Enter the password again to confirm, after which, you will find the servers start authenticating the email. You may be prompted to select the ‘Authentication type’ for your email for which, you will have to select ‘Password’.
- Once you press ‘Next’ the program will search for the email settings online automatically. If everything gets configured, you will find a ‘Successfully added’ message on the screen. The server details to which the PC is currently connected are now displayed on the screen.
- Click ‘Finish’ to complete the setup.
- Try sending the email from the Outlook program to any email address. Check if you can receive a new email on your Roadrunner account or not.
What if the Roadrunner email doesn’t fetch the settings automatically?
If the email automatically fetches the settings, then that’s great, but if the email doesn’t configure on its own, then you will have to add the email account manually. The manual setting includes the incoming server address, outgoing server address, port number, security type, and email account type. If you want to sync the email on multiple devices, then use the IMAP account type. If you need further help and support for installing the email, then contact experts. Contact us for more information about Roadrunner Login.
Note: Learn how to login to another email with the help of our latest post! check out our website post for charter email.