Roadrunner email 530 error indicates that the IP address of the connection has been denied. If the IP address is listed in the SMTP access control properties for the mail admin program can lead to this problem. In simple terms, this error appears when a user sends an email, which requires authentication.
Reason for RR email error 530 to appear
- If your email service is blocked by a third-party firewall and security software.
- If you are using a VPN service to access the RR Mail. You won’t be able to send emails until and unless the VPN service is stopped.
- A mistake in entering the email address of the sender while sending an email from your Roadrunner email.
- Your Roadrunner email is blacklisted.
- The presence of cache and cookies, which is preventing the Roadrunner email from opening.
- There are certain extensions or add-ons, which might be causing an issue. Or, there could be a pop-up blocker causing the problem.
- Weak signal strength
- The sub-account address replaces the Roadrunner email address.
- It could be the excessive inbox charges, which may result in the Roadrunner 530 error message.
- An inactive RR email account could result in the problem while sending email messages.
- The server response can be slowed due to the shared IP address on the network.
- Finally, the SMTP configuration is not properly configured for Roadrunner.
Error 530 in TWC Email:
If you are seeing ‘Server error 530: 0x800CCC78’ on the screen, then you won’t be able to send an email from your email account. Here is what happens when you see a 530 error:
- The ‘Compose Mail’ window suddenly closes when you click the ‘Send’ button.
- Non-responsive ‘Send’ button after composing an email.
- You are seeing “Unable to find ID: 530: SMTP server error in file: message.dat” on your computer’s screen.
- Seeing ‘SMTP server error message on the screen for a short period.
How to fix Roadrunner error 530?
Now that you know that reasons for Roadrunner email error 530, it’s time where we know the process of fixing this error:
- On your web browser, enter www.rr.com login in the address bar and enter your username and password.
- In case, you see an incorrect username or password message on the screen, you will have to click ‘forgot username’ or ‘forgot password’ option to recover the credentials.
- As you successfully login to your email account, make sure to click the ‘Tools’ icon, which you can find in the ‘Menu’ bar.
- Select the ‘Account’ option from the drop-down menu followed by clicking the ‘Mail’ tab in the window named ‘Internet Accounts’.
- Select the ‘Don-host email account’ option followed by clicking the ‘Properties’ button.
- Now, got to ‘outgoing mail server address’ followed by ticking the box corresponding to the option labeled as ‘Authenticate my server needs’.
- Click ‘OK’.
- Now, try to send an email. If the issue exists, then log into your account again.
- Click the ‘Configuration’ option from the drop-down menu followed by choosing the configuration of the outgoing server.
- You are going to see the RR configuration window asking you POP/IMAP and SMTP values.
- If you have no idea what to write in the configuration, then take a look at the email settings for Roadrunner.
If you are unable to fix the problem, then consult the RR email support facility for quick and accurate assistance. Check out our website post for Webmail Roadrunner.