Spectrum email is also popular by the name of the charter email, powered by charter communications to the subscribers who have subscribed to any services of the company.
With a single Charter ID, you can create up to 7 emails address with one being the primary and remaining are secondary. The company doesn’t charge anything from its customer for email services. The user can login with the username and password and start accessing the email just like other email services.
Today, we will discuss the unique function of the spectrum email called ‘Unified inbox’. If you have never heard about this feature, then pay attention to the coming up passages. Unified inbox
This feature lets you arrange all the messages in one place by creating a group. If you want to associate the messages from different email service providers in one inbox, then a unified inbox will help you create this.
The basic settings for storing the messages of charter email are set by default. If you want to add a third-party email account, then the SMTP and IMAP server settings will be entered separately. To know about the IMAP or SMTP server settings, it is recommended to contact the experts.
How to create a third-party email account on Spectrum email?
To create a third-party email account, follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- Go to the ‘Drop-down’ menu from the left top of the spectrum mail login page.
- Click on ‘Add a new account’ followed by entering the email address of the new email service provider.
- Click ‘Test’ after entering the details asked in the different fields.
- If you get a ‘verified’ message on the screen, then it means all the details entered by you are correct.
- Tap ‘Next’ to enter details like real name, secondary email address, username, and nickname.
- From the same drop-down menu, you can switch between the different accounts linked to the Spectrum email.
- If you are opening the Spectrum email, then the inbox folder of the respective email service will be displayed on the screen.
- If you wish to open the third-party email inbox, then select that email service from the list and click ‘View’.
- Clicking on ‘All accounts’ will showcase the list of all the messages from different email service providers at the same time. This is all possible with the Unified inbox feature of Spectrum email.
Here, we want to make you clear that all the folders of every account will not open at once but in sequence. So, if you are thinking of reading the email from multiple platforms at a time, then this is not possible.
How to delete third party email account?
The steps to remove the third party email account are quite simple.
- Open ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Email’.
- Go to ‘Account settings’ and select the account you wish to remove from the spectrum email.
- Tap ‘Confirm’.
This is an overview of the Unified inbox in the Spectrum email. We hope you have understood its significance and role.
Note: Learn how to login to other email with the help of our latest post! check out our website post for time warner cable.